Have a good night!
I don’t know if I consider myself a professional blogger, but i attended the Minnesota Bloggers Conference yesterday and I had lots of fun and learned some great new things. When I first walked in, it was like the first day of school all over! Where do you sit? Who are your friends? I was amazed with how many bloggers there are in the Twin Cities and the wide range of blogs!
As you might have guessed, social media plays a huge part in our businesses and in our personal life. All of the speakers were great, but I was talking to a guy that owned a small business and he was asking how we value our Facebook fans, and what the ROI was for each fan. This is when I realized that he did not understand social media one bit. My eyes started to glaze over when he was asking how to make money on Facebook for his business. I responded with “We will never put a price tag on our fans or customers, people fan us because they like us”. You could tell he was just so confused. Oh well..
There were so many great sessions and I actually learned lots! You might start to see a few changes on our website soon!
Have a good weekend!
- The first dog to come to Pampered Pooch Playground was a german shepherd / st. bernard mix named Bindi, who quickly became Roxy’s BFF! Bindi was waiting at 6:45am the first day we opened and came every day for 2 years and still randomly pops in.
- The slogan of Bubbly Paws Dog Wash “Our Soap Is Dope” was created over a text message conversation with Sarah Beth Photography while we were at Pizzeria Lola (super dog friendly) eating and drinking.
- The first boxer to come to Pampered Pooch Playground 4 years ago when we opened was a rescue from Minnesota Boxer Rescue (Pickler).
- Before opening Pampered Pooch Playground Keith worked in radio for 11 years (chicago, des moines, cincinnati and minneapolis). He produced the Moon and Staci show on KS95 for 4 years. Both Moon and Staci were in our wedding party.
- The idea for Bubbly Paws Dog Wash came from a customer of Pampered Pooch Playground who complained that there was no place where he could bathe his dog.
- Pampered Pooch Playground was the first doggy daycare to have an iPhone, Droid and Blackberry app where customers can watch their dogs play.
- A large part of the Pampered Pooch Playground and Bubbly Paws business model is to give back to local dog rescues!
Day 1 - 10% off all Bella Bean Collars
Day 3- Zukes treats – $1 off
Day 4- Barkology clothing- $5 off
Day 5 - Poop Bags – $6/box
Day 6- Mimi Green collars – 10% off
Day 7- Pet Haven Calendars
Ellie the beagle is one of the dogs that has been a regular face at the PPP for doggie daycare for the past 2 years and tonight after daycare her mom brought her to the dog wash down the street. Ellie is very well known around the daycare for wearing a different bandanna each time she comes!
Have a great night.
Today Trycia was taking more pictures at doggy daycare and they are all in the August Photo Gallery. I think one of my favorites was with Frost (white German Shepard) and Cody (Golden Retriever) laying in one of the pools together!
Have a good night.
Speaking of spring, today was a beautiful day to enjoy being outside. We went around Lake Calhoun with Roxy and her best friend Bindi (and her parents). Both dogs LOVE the snow, and they will be really sad to see it go.
One final note. My good friend Staci Matthews who hosts the afternoon show on KS95, just released a cool new book called Girlz In White Dresses. Basically it is girls wearing wedding dresses in crazy places. Many of my friends are featured in it (and if you look carefully you will see me in the background).
Hope everyone is able to enjoy a fun weekend with the warmer weather.
Our lobby, staff lounge, and bathroom makeover is almost done. The finished laying most of the floor today. Again, we are so sorry for the mess, but it will look great when we are done.
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Make sure your reservations are in, some days this week are close to full!